Piney Grove Baptist Church in Ardmore, AL is seeking to fill the role of church ministry assistant. This person should be outgoing, able to accomplish assigned tasks without supervision, keep church information in confidence, and affirm the values of the church family.
The Ministry Assistant of Piney Grove Baptist Church will be responsible for the following:
- Check the church mailbox and distribute to internal mailboxes as needed.
- Open mail addressed to Piney Grove Baptist Church and sort into boxes according to need.
- Check and respond to email.
- Check and respond to voicemail
- Type and layout the weekly worship bulletin, and create inserts as needed.
- Prepare the weekly bulletin for printing
- Print, fold, and distribute the weekly worship bulletin.
- Publish the weekly bulletin to the church website and smartphone.
- Order supplies for church office and ministries.
- Other clerical tasks as needed.
Piney Grove is a Mac environment, we will be happy to train any interested applicants.
- Basic computing (email, file management, etc.).
- Word processing (using templates, text layout, printing).
- Good communication skills (phone, text messaging, and email).
- A willingness to learn how to post on church website.
The church ministry assistant will be hired for 20-25 hours per week. The preferred work hours are Monday – Friday from 9AM – 2PM. However, the hours and days are both flexible and negotiable.
The church ministry assistant’s salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience. They will be paid weekly.
How to Apply
Please email your resume, including three references, to email@example.com. All applicants who are asked to interview for the position will be required to go through a background check at the church’s expense. Interviews will be conducted with the pastor and at least one other member of Piney Grove’s Personnel Committee.